This post is sponsored by OshKosh, however, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make this blog possible.
If you’re a parent, you’ve probably heard this one: “To practice getting kids dressed, attempt to place an angry octopus in a string bag. All tentacles must be contained.”
Yep. And I promise, when it’s time for back-to-school shopping, it’s like they can smell the homework in the air. The people at OshKosh know this, obviously. Our recent trip had them feeling great about the upcoming school year, without blowing their summer vibe. Here’s how:
1. These pieces are designed for kids. Sounds obvious, but sometimes I wonder. My crew is always moving in six different directions, always exploring, always engaged. It’s one of my (many) favorite things about them. So clothes that itch, scratch, pinch, or restrict are a negative. Same with extra loops and random flaps and extra stuff. Soft fabrics, easy-on easy-off, get dressed and get back to the very important business of being a kid.
2. Age-appropriate style we can agree on. Like most kiddos, my boys have definite tastes and preferences. About.Everything. (Subject to change at a moment’s notice, of course.) And they need to know that their opinions matter – but also that mom gets final say. So things like trendy graphic tees with classroom-approved messages help us find a balance. Without the battle.
3. Thank you, easy store layouts. Shopping – ANY shopping – can be overstimulating for kids. And parents. But it was so easy to find what we needed, and when the boys got rambunctious (because of course), there was plenty of space for them to work it out. Also, everything in the clothing collection seems to just work together. Not running from aisle to aisle trying to find the one Other Thing that matches the First Thing? Definite plus.
4. Straight-up quality and value. Our family has been working to downsize, so that we have fewer objects and more time and money for experiences. I’ve gotta be able to buy clothing that lasts without spending a fortune on stuff they’ll outgrow in six months. I didn’t have to buy a ton – but I was able to buy exactly what the boys needed.
5. It feels really… relevant. OshKosh offers a wow range of colors and patterns, which is great, because the boys get pretty creative with their combos! But it’s more than just style. It feels emotionally connected, I think, to what it’s like to be a kid today. And to how we can help our kids be their best selves.
Not bad for back-to-school shopping. Not bad at all. ♡